Cilantro Honey Steak Fajita Skewers
- 1 cup fresh crushed cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh crushed parsley
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ red wine vinegar
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove fresh crushed garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ½ pounds top sirloin steak, cut into 1 ¼ inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 red onion, halved then each half cut into quarters
- In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the steak chimichurri
- In a gallon-sized freezer bag, place the steak cubes and the mixture from the bowl.
- Seal the bag, pressing out all of the air, then massage the mixture into the steak.
- Let it rest for several minutes or even overnight if you want to make it ahead of time.
- In a medium bowl, toss the cut bell peppers and onions with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Fire up your Kamado Joe Smoker and slightly brush the grates with oil.